Texas Title Insurance Works Toolbox
Welcome to TLTA's Texas Title Insurance Works Toolbox. We appreciate your interest in learning the truth about the Texas title insurance system.
Tell the Story
- View TexasTitleWorks.com to learn the truth about the Texas title insurance industry.
- Read the letter TLTA and seven other associations sent to Gov. Greg Abbott, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick and Speaker Joe Straus, asking them to reject any legislation that would reverse regulation of our industry.
- Use The Basics one-pager to educate policy makers, customers, the media and other industry partners.
- The Impact explains how reregulation would negatively affect our system.
- Declining Rates shows how the cost of title insurance has decreased by approximately 15 percent over the past two decades.
- In FAQs, get answers to questions about the current Texas title insurance system and how TPPF/TFE's proposal would affect Texans.
- Refinance Basics explains the four simple reasons why you need to pay for a new title insurance policy when you refinance.
- Price Comparison lets you evaluate price differences among five other states similar in terms of population and real estate volume.
- Lower Prices offers a price comparison between states.
- In Claims, you can see the difference of claims costs between four states.
See bills that have been filed concerning title insurance regulations.
See what the Texas Public Policy Foundation and Texans for Free Enterprise have been promoting.
Who do you know?
If you have a personal connection to a legislator, please let us know
. We may call on you to help us advocate for key legislation that affects the title insurance industry.
Who represents you?
Update your TLTA profile
to include your home address so we can identify what districts you live in and who represents you.
TLTAPAC is an essential part of TLTA's advocacy program. Help reach our $400,000 goal
If you have any questions about this material or want more information, please contact Aaron Day, Director of Government Affairs and Counsel, at 512.810.8800 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.