The goal of this course is to familiarize attorneys, paralegals, settlement agents and title professionals with how §1031 of the Internal Revenue Code interacts with a title Guaranty File. Upon completion of the course, attendees should:
1. Have a general understanding of the different terminology that can be used by the Internal Revenue Service for the different types of exchanges
2. Understand the rules that govern the Exchangor.
3. Understand the rules that govern the Qualified Intermediary or Qualified Exchange Titleholder
4. Understand the duties of the escrow officer in maintaining the file for the exchange to qualify
6. Understand how Procedural Rule P-63 affects issuing commitments and policies
Brendan Lewis, Doma
David Gorenberg, JD, CES, Accruit
1.0 Escrow Credit (expires 10/8/23)
For those with some experience on the topic and/or the title industry. May include real-world application and/or specific and detailed information. For more information on TLTA's rating system, please click here.
Webinars exclusively sponsored by:
** PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING TO REGISTER **
The 'Register Someone Else' button (below) should ONLY be used to register another person from YOUR company. After clicking this button, type in the last name of the person in the box provided on the next screen to see if they are currently on your company roster. If the person's name is not listed, please DO NOT click the 'Add a new contact' button. Instead, please call 512.879.2890 or email: email@example.com for assistance.