The goal of this course is to familiarize title insurance professionals with the various types of liens affecting title to real property.
Upon completion of the course, attendees should
1. Have a general understanding of the affect of liens on title insurance and of the concept of “priority” and “duration” or “limitation” in relation to liens.
2. Understand the definition or description of various types of liens, both voluntary and involuntary.
3. Be aware of the method by which the priority of each type of lien is established.
4. Have an understanding of the duration of each of the liens discussed.
5. Be aware of how involuntary liens against property owners can affect the title to land they own or later acquire.
6. Clearly understand various documents having an effect on liens.
7. Have a better understanding of the requirements to be met in insuring liens on homestead property.
Presenters: Frances Hughes, CTIP, Assistant Vice President, Underwriting Support
1.0 Escrow Credit (expires 9/6/21) Review TLTA's new reporting procedures for escrow officer CE credit
For those with some experience on the topic and/or the title industry. May include real-world application and/or specific and detailed information
For more information on TLTA's rating system, please click here
Webinars exclusively sponsored by:
** PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING TO REGISTER **
The 'Register Someone Else' button (below) should ONLY be used to register another person from YOUR company. After clicking this button, type in the last name of the person in the box provided on the next screen to see if they are currently on your company roster. If the person's name is not listed, please DO NOT click the 'Add a new contact' button. Instead, please call 512.879.2890 or 512.879.2882, or email: email@example.com for assistance.