The goal of this course is to familiarize title insurance professionals with the rules and regulations regarding payment for title evidence, title examination and closing the transaction in connection with issuance of a title insurance policy.
Frances Hughes, CTIP, Assistant Vice President, Underwriting Support, Alliant National Title Insurance Company
Upon completion of the course, attendees should:
1. Have a general understanding of the statutes regarding payments to agents and attorneys for performing
services in connection with issuance of title policies.
2. Understand that it is important to understand the meaning of terms defined in the regulations.
3. Be aware that the agent issuing the policy (or arranging for a directly issued policy) does not always
perform all the services necessary for that issuance.
4. Have an understanding of the services necessary to issue a policy.
5. Be aware of the fact that certain portions of Procedural Rule P-22 apply to all payments.
6. Clearly understand that portions of Procedural Rule P-24 apply to all payments.
7. Be aware of the details regarding payment for “furnishing title evidence.”
8. Have an opportunity to learn the details regarding payment for “title examination.”
9. Have an opportunity to explore some practical questions and answers.
Nola Ann Waggoner, Vice President, Underwriting Counsel, First National Title Insurance Company
Wendy Bryan, Vice President, Agency Consultant, Texan Title Insurance Company
Member: $55 | Non Member: $69
If you attended the live version of this webinar, you are not eligible to receive CE credit
1.5 hours of Escrow Credit (expires 11/13/21) Review TLTA's new reporting procedures for escrow officer CE credit
For those new to the topic and/or the title industry. May include basic concepts, definitions, industry history and/or general information.
For more information on TLTA's rating system, please click here.
Webinars exclusively sponsored by:
** PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING TO REGISTER **
The 'Register Someone Else' button (below) should ONLY be used to register another person from YOUR company. After clicking this button, type in the last name of the person in the box provided on the next screen to see if they are currently on your company roster. If the person's name is not listed, please DO NOT click the 'Add a new contact' button. Instead, please call 512.879.2890 or 512.879.2882, or email: email@example.com for assistance.