The goal of this course is to familiarize attorneys, paralegals, settlement agents and title professionals with the Texas Business Organizations Code in Texas and how it applies to entities selling and buying real estate. Upon completion of the course, attendees should:
- Have a general understanding of the different types of entities that can hold title to property.
- Understand who can act on behalf of an entity in buying and selling property.
- Understand the rights each of the parties has during the different stages of the contract.
- Understand how to independently search for entity information through the Secretary of State and Texas Comptroller.
- Understand how to cure ownership issues of an entity.
- Understand whether a particular transaction can be insured under an Owner’s or Loan policy.
Cathy Clamp, PLS, ACP, CAEP, CTIP, TBLS-RE, Escrow Officer, Paralegal, Heart of Texas Title Co. LLC
Candie Sandlin, CTIP, COO, Community National Title
1.0 Escrow Credit (Expires 3/25/23) Review TLTA's new reporting procedures for escrow officer CE credit
1.0 MCLE Credit (Expires 3/31/22)
those with some experience on the topic and/or the title industry. May
include real-world application and/or specific and detailed information
For more information on TLTA's rating system, please click here
Webinars exclusively sponsored by:
** PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING TO REGISTER **
The 'Register Someone Else' button (below) should ONLY be used to register another person from YOUR company. After clicking this button, type in the last name of the person in the box provided on the next screen to see if they are currently on your company roster. If the person's name is not listed, please DO NOT click the 'Add a new contact' button. Instead, please call 512.879.2890 or email: email@example.com for assistance.