If you need a primer on the basic manual and what's inside, or practical guidance on the most common procedural and rate rules you'll encounter on the job, Introduction to the Rules has everything you need.
Upon completion of this beginner webinar, attendees should have an awareness and general understanding of the following:
- Basic Manual regulations you must follow
- The definition of “residential real property” plays a role in determining what policies are available and what rates are applicable
- P-66 controls determination of the correct liability amount for both owner’s and loan policies
- Rate Rule R-1 requires the Basic Rate be charged unless another rule applies
- R-1 prohibits combining two rate rules except under specific circumstances spelled out in other rules
- Rate Rule R-2 as it affects rebates and discounts
- When to issue a T-1R based on rules set out in Procedural P-38
- What are the best rates for the consumer
- When you may need to apply Rate Rule R-9 – Additional Chain of Title and collect additional premium
Presenter: Frances Hughes, CTIP, Assistant Vice President, Underwriting Support, Alliant National Title Insurance Company
1.0 Escrow Credit (expires 8/6/22)
For those new to the topic and/or the title industry. May include basic concepts, definitions, industry history and/or general information.
For more information on TLTA's rating system, please click here
Webinars exclusively sponsored by:
** PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING TO REGISTER **
The 'Register Someone Else' button (below) should ONLY be used to register another person from YOUR company. After clicking this button, type in the last name of the person in the box provided on the next screen to see if they are currently on your company roster. If the person's name is not listed, please DO NOT click the 'Add a new contact' button. Instead, please call 512.879.2890 or 512.879.2882, or email: email@example.com for assistance.