The goal of this course is to familiarize title insurance professionals with requirements regarding the parties required to execute conveyance documents.
Upon completion of the course, attendees should:
- Have a general understanding of how to determine who may have to sign documents creating the estate or interest to be insured.
- Understand that the goal of the title insurer is to reduce the risk that someone may later complain about the sale of mortgage.
- Be aware that marital status plays an important role in determining who must sign.
- Have an understanding of separate property, community property and homestead property.
- Clearly understand how divorce affects requirements regarding who must sign.
- Have a better understanding of how special types of loans create special requirements in regard to who must sign.
- Have an opportunity to understand the difference between testate and intestate decedents.
- Have an understanding of different types of probates.
- Clearly understand that all heirs must sign when there is no probate.
- Have a general understanding of the requirements when a corporation has been dissolved.
Frances Hughes, CTIP, Providence Title
1.0 Escrow Credit (expires 5/4/23)
For those with some experience on the topic and/or the title industry. May include real-world application and/or specific and detailed information.
For more information on TLTA's rating system, please click here.
Webinars exclusively sponsored by:
** PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING TO REGISTER **
The 'Register Someone Else' button (below) should ONLY be used to register another person from YOUR company. After clicking this button, type in the last name of the person in the box provided on the next screen to see if they are currently on your company roster. If the person's name is not listed, please DO NOT click the 'Add a new contact' button. Instead, please call 512.879.2890 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.