Institute Attendee Information
The Institute will be held at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, 9800 Hyatt Resort Drive, San Antonio TX 78251. If you would like specific hotel information, please call the hotel at 210.647.1234.
Title Insurance and Doc Prep: Defining Issues and Closing the Deal
If you are attending our preconference session, we will be ready to greet you and hand out name badges and materials on Wednesday, Dec. 7 at 9:30 a.m. in the Independence Ballroom Foyer. Doc Prep will begin at 10 a.m. in the Independence Ballroom, includes a working lunch, and will conclude with a reception at 5:30 p.m.
Texas Land Title Institute
Badge pick-up begins on Wednesday, Dec. 7, from 4-6 p.m. at the Independence Ballroom Foyer. We will reopen our registration desk on Thursday morning at 7:45 to check in attendees. A light breakfast will be available on Thursday and Friday mornings.
Continuing Education Credit
Earning Escrow hours and MCLE credit is paperless this year.
Attendees need to know how to log into their TLTA account.
- Visit www.tlta.com and click "sign in" at the top of the page.
- Need help remembering your username and password? Try your email address and tlta123 as the password.
- Didn't work? Email email@example.com, and we can quickly reset your username and password.
- Credit is also available for real estate brokers, paralegals, and legal assistants. Complete instructions for receiving all types of continuing education credit will be provided at the Institute.
Attorneys – 15* hours MCLE credit (including 3 Ethics)
Also approved for 14 hours in the area of Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
*includes 1 hour self-study paper.
Title Agents and Escrow Officers - 14 hours General Escrow and 1 hour Ethics
Paralegals – 14 hours CLE credit
Allowed credit through the State Bar of Texas Paralegal Division
Real Estate Brokers – 7 hours MCE credit
This course is real estate-related and has been approved by the State Bar of Texas for MCLE participatory credit. TREC will award up to 7 hours of Elective credit to real estate licensees. For MCE credit, you must submit to TREC a course completion certificate and a credit request form, which will be available at the course.
Self Study Papers
- Authority Issues in Residential Transactions, Michael F. Baird
- Attorney Title Opinion Letters in a GSE World, Roland Love
- Subrogation: Intervening Liens and Recent Decisions,
Paul J. McConnell
- Dealing with Blanket and Quasi-Blanket Easements,
Richard L. Spencer and Reid C. Wilson
- If you have time before or after the conference and would like to take advantage of the Hyatt's golf course, they have a special golf rate for attendees: 20 percent off 18 holes of golf plus complimentary rental clubs, based on availability. Call the pro shop at 210.520.4040 to make reservations in advance. A 20 percent discount is also available at the spa for attendees.
- Business casual attire is appropriate for the Institute. You will want to bring a sweater or jacket as meeting rooms are always cold.
- View the current list of Institute attendees.
- Bookmark the Institute mobile web page (institute.tlta.com) on your phone. This year, evaluations and reporting attendance are available on the mobile site. Note: the page is designed for optimum use on a mobile phone and may not appear correctly when viewed on a desktop or laptop.