TDI Sets Hearing on Proposed Amendments to Basic Manual
Proposals Focus on Licensing and Continuing Education
Aug. 2, 2018
The Texas Department of Insurance has announced it will hold a public hearing on proposed amendments to the Title Insurance Basic Manual on Friday, Aug. 24. The amendments include changes to:
See the full proposal
- Comply with legislative changes.
- Streamline licensing, renewal, and other notifications.
- Change escrow officer license expiration dates to the last day of the license holder's birth month.
- Require registration and certification of continuing education programs.
and reference materials
The public hearing will be at 9:30 a.m., Central time on Friday, Aug. 24 in Room 100 of the William P. Hobby Jr. State Office Building, 333 Guadalupe St. in Austin.
TLTA has identified several potential amendments to TDI's proposals and will be working with the department to discuss and work through these suggested changes in advance of the Aug. 24 hearing. If you have questions or comments, please submit them to Aaron Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 512.810.8800.
In addition, TLTA will provide a thorough analysis of the changes prior to their implementation.
Do You Have TLTA's Basic Manual Service?
The rule amendments proposed by TDI will result in updates to the Basic Manual later this year. Make sure you have the latest version so you can stay in compliance. All TLTA Basic Manual Subscriptions – online, print and combined – ensure that you have the latest updates. With TLTA's Basic Manual you can:
- Download and print all or portions of the publication.
- Quickly search the Manual by keyword.
- Cut and paste sections of the Manual for use in emails, docs, etc.
The easy-to-use online guide and demonstration will assist new users in learning how to use the online Manual. See the demo and subscribe today