Employment Law Aspects of COVID-19
Complimentary Webinar-Style Briefing
For title agents seeking information and insights regarding employment law considerations during the COVID-19 public health crisis, Ted Smith of Cornell Smith Mierl Brutocao Burton, LLP, participated in a live webinar-style briefing, Employment Law Aspects of COVID-19.
This complimentary webinar-style briefing will cover the following:
FREE Webinar: Employment Law Aspects of COVID-19
- Details of the new Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act and the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act
- Legal issues involving layoffs, furloughs, reductions in pay, and other efforts to contain costs in the current uncertainty
- Work-from-home arrangements
- Best practices and pitfalls to avoid in communications with employees and other third parties
- TWC unemployment / work sharing / mass unemployment programs
- Other updates
- Presenter: Ted Smith, Cornell Smith Mierl Brutocao Burton, LLP
, Leave Form due to COVID-19
This webinar was recorded on April 9. Click here
for contact information for Ted Smith.
* This information is being provided by TLTA for educational and reference purposes only and should not be construed as legal, financial or business advice from or on behalf of TLTA. Users should consult their own legal counsel and subject-matter experts to ensure that any policies adopted or actions taken meet the requirements unique to their company.
What's the difference between legal information and legal advice?
Legal information provides public information, such as rules or laws, or can be an explanation of those rules or laws. TLTA provides legal information that is not intended to be legal advice. Legal advice is a statement that recommends a course of action or interprets the law based on specific circumstances. For legal advice, please consult with your own attorney.