TDI Proposes More Rule Amendments to Basic Manual
Proposals Focus on Licensing and Continuing Education
June 20, 2018
On Wednesday, June 20 the Texas Department of Insurance announced
it has proposed rule amendments
to the Title Insurance Basic Manual. The amendments include changes to:
See the full proposal
- Comply with legislative changes.
- Streamline licensing, renewal, and other notifications.
- Change escrow officer license expiration dates to the last day of the license holder's birth month.
- Require registration and certification of continuing education programs.
and reference materials
TDI will publish the proposed rules with the Secretary of State, which is the repository of official TDI rules, on June 29. Those rules can be accessed directly from the Texas Register, Office of Secretary of State (when they are published). Written comments on the proposed rules must be received no later than 5 p.m. Central time, on July 30, 2018.
TLTA will review the published version of the rule proposals and provide comment before the July 30 deadline. If you have questions or comments, please submit them to Aaron Day at email@example.com or call at 512.810.8800.
In addition, TLTA will provide a thorough analysis of the changes prior to their implementation.
Do You Have TLTA's Basic Manual Service?
The rule amendments proposed by TDI will result in updates to the Basic Manual later this year. Make sure you have the latest version so you can stay in compliance. All TLTA Basic Manual Subscriptions – online, print and combined – ensure that you have the latest updates. With TLTA's Basic Manual you can:
- Download and print all or portions of the publication.
- Quickly search the Manual by keyword.
- Cut and paste sections of the Manual for use in emails, docs, etc.
The easy-to-use online guide and demonstration will assist new users in learning how to use the online Manual. See the demo and subscribe today