TDI Adopts Updates to Title Insurance Basic Manual
Dec. 14, 2018
The Texas Department of Insurance has adopted amendments to the Title Insurance Basic Manual.
These changes will be effective March 7, 2019.
Read TDI's order »
Reference materials that detail the changes made by TDI's amendments »
TDI's announcement included the following analysis of their adopted amendments:
- Comply with legislative changes
- Streamline licensing, renewal and other notifications
- Change escrow officer license expiration dates to the last day of the license holder's birth month
- Require registration and certification of continuing education programs.
Your team at TLTA is reviewing the adopted amendments, and we will provide our analysis to you after our review is complete.
If you have questions or comments, please submit them to Aaron Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 512.810.8800.
Do You Have TLTA's Basic Manual Service?
The rule amendments adopted by TDI will result in updates to the Basic Manual soon. Make sure you have the latest version so you can stay in compliance. All TLTA Basic Manual Subscriptions – online, print and combined – ensure that you have the latest updates. With TLTA's Basic Manual you can:
- Download and print all or portions of the publication.
- Quickly search the Manual by keyword.
- Cut and paste sections of the Manual for use in emails, docs, etc.
The easy-to-use online guide and demonstration will assist new users in learning how to use the online Manual. See the demo and subscribe today!